When it comes to a B2B e-commerce store, the main objective it serves is to make the business more visible and gradually convert the leads into loyal customers by educating, informing, engaging, and inspiring the buyers. Hiring the best e-commerce website design and development service will ensure a good e-commerce website design including better visibility.
Let’s see six ways to take your B2B e-commerce store to the next level to ensure your website traffic converts from leads to sales.
1. Improve the on-search functionality of your B2B e-commerce store
- Research high-volume keywords and insert them into the website content.
- Keep an eye on your competitor’s website and see which keywords they rank for.
- Write meta titles and descriptions with keywords for each page of your e-commerce store.
- Use blog posts offering a detailed explanation of the product, benefits, and uses.
- Constantly update blogs with types of products and services available to your customers.
- Create landing pages with clearly defined call-to-action to turn web traffic into sales leads.
- Include images and videos of products and services.
- Include various resources to know about the product or services such as downloadable e-catalogs.
- Give options for a demo or free trial.
The goal of your search campaign is to generate sales and increase revenue. However, most products in the B2B space are not acquired online. So your goal is not to make a sale immediately but, instead, to drive conversions that will eventually lead to a sale.
2. Adopt personalization to give B2B buyers what they want
Let’s see how you can incorporate personalization into your B2B e-commerce website-
- Give your prospect relevant information in the form of explainer videos, specification sheets, eBooks, whitepapers, demos, webinars, and tutorials.
- Optimize your website for searches and visibility.
- Make the repeat purchase easy with an order feature to allow the buyer to request the same item repeatedly.
- Offer personalized pricing and products through product recommendations, upselling, and cross-selling.
- Make the checkout process simple by making the shopping cart or invoice shareable.
- Segment the customers based on their buying and browsing history, personal interests, and click initiatives to deliver personalized marketing content.
B2B buyers want a safe and well-informed purchasing experience. Personalization achieves this goal for you.
3. Ensure B2B e-commerce website design optimization
- 53% of internet users abandon a site that takes more than 3 seconds to load. So make sure to check your website’s loading speed and take corrective action for it to load faster.
- 80% of the B2B buyers use mobile phones to access the internet even at work. So your website has to be mobile-friendly and responsive.
- Lastly, your e-commerce website design should give users great browsing and shopping experience. The tip is to keep the store design simple and clutter-free. Make it easier to navigate and keep the visuals appealing to your customers.
We suggest you hire the best e-commerce website design and development services for a good website UI/UX design that can significantly improve the visibility of your website in search engines and increase the conversion rate.
4. Strategize your social media marketing to get traffic to your e-commerce store
- Product usage tips
- Industry news
- Pain point solutions
- Product/service updates
- Show customer testimonials
- Include links to case studies
- Video testimonials
- Links to instructional videos
Take care not to overdo your sales pitches. Instead, design your content to inform, educate, and engage the followers and direct people to your B2B e-commerce store.
5. Consider PPC campaigns to gain website visits
Use a combination of Google’s Display Network and ad placements on online industrial publications to help build awareness of your company and its products. The goal is to make the maximum impressions and it doesn’t matter if you cannot see the direct results in terms of leads generated.
When spending for keywords, use transactional search terms that indicate a certain level of intent to buy. For example, if you are selling email marketing software, target this keyword instead of a broader search word like “email marketing”. The volume for “email marketing software” may be lower comparatively and you may even not spend your budget, but it is okay because betting on the transactional search term will get you leads. You can use the broader search keywords in blogs on your website instead of in PPC campaigns.
The B2B buyer journey is usually long. It can take time to see leads attributed to your paid campaigns. But once it starts, it’ll cover up your paid campaign costs pretty quickly.
6. Map out an omnichannel commerce strategy to reach customers where they are
Address the omnichannel challenges proactively. Use segmentation to find the perfect fit of channels, customers, and products. Segment the distributors, suppliers, managers, and others based on interaction preference, average order size, purchase frequency, and expected lifetime value. Some of the key requirements to have a successful omnichannel presence are-
- Multiple data sources to track customer behavior, preferences, and interests.
- Accurate tools for data analysis
- Customized lead lists to support digital marketing campaigns
- Right investment in technology (hardware and software)
- Strong connection between sales marketing and IT
- Automation tools for sales, marketing, and finance.
Getting your omnichannel marketing strategy right is challenging, but it’s worth the effort to increase customer satisfaction and reduce the churn rate.
The key to growing your B2B business online is to cater to your buyers’ needs. There’s a lot you can achieve from your e-commerce website design. And there’s more you can complete with website optimization and SEO. The faster you accomplish it, the better your scope of increasing your e-commerce sales.
At Houston IT Developers, we understand how crucial it is for a B2B business to stay relevant and searchable online. We offer the best e-commerce development services to improve your website’s visibility, meet the expectations of the buyers and enhance their experiences. Get in touch with us today.